A list of delusions taken from the psychiatric literature that don't seem that delusional when you think about them:
To quote Salvador Dalí, "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad".
- "The earth is doomed"
- Patient with Alzheimer's reported by Sultzer et al. (2003)
- "Bill Gates is destroying my files and spying on me"
- 32 year old patient reported by Podoll et al. (2000)
- "A local gang is going to mug me"
- South London patient reported by Freeman et al. (2001)
- "I drove two people mad when I was 11 to 14 years old"
- Patient from a study by Rhodes and Jakes (2000)
- "My thoughts are being controlled by TV newscasters"
- Inpatient reported by Noffsinger and Saleh (2000)
Please keep comments on topic and to the point. Inappropriate comments may be deleted.
Note that markup is stripped from comments; URLs will be automatically converted into links.