psychoceramics: The Boston Mystery Writer

In one of her early Kooks Magazines, and possibly also in
her book (which I have shamefully not read) Donna Kossey
profiles someone she calls the Boston Mystery Writer. Stalking
the streets of Boston with a felt-tipped pen and a chip on
his or her shoulder, the Mystery Writer left long, rambling,
neatly-capitalized screeds, alleging evil and conspiracy,
on all manner of public appliances.  For a while in the mid '80s,
it was hard to find a newspaper box, light pole, or construction
barricade without the familiar writing on the back side hinting at
some sort of horrid misdeeds by nurses, Boston University security
guards, or banks.

I left Boston around 1990, and during subsequent visits have
been disappointed in not finding any more of these thoroughly
entertaining writings.  But this trip is different.  At the
corner of Boylston and Essex streets, in front of the Lenox
Hotel, on a traffic light control box, there it is!  I think.

   DOUBLE CURSE
   WELLS FARGO
   DOUBLE CURSE
   GREEK WAITERS
   DOUBLE CURSE

Anyone from Boston have the current poop on the Mystery Writer?
Could he or she still be active?  Were they ever unmasked?  Is
this an original, or have others taken up the mantle?

--art