psychoceramics: Plutonium Spells It Out

[A "waterproof and airproof" argument]

-----

From: Archimedes.Plutonium @ dartmouth.edu (Archimedes Plutonium)
Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics.plutonium,sci.math,sci.logic,sci.physics
Subject: Re: Archimedes is right!
Date: 19 Feb 1996 23:10:37 GMT

In article <s--@s--.tiac.net>
l--@a--.com (Lloyd Zusman) writes:

> On 17 Feb 1996 04:47:19 GMT, Archimedes Plutonium <Archimedes.P--@d--.edu> wrote:
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> >   The Atomic Theory is stated in Feynman Lectures on Physics, the first
> > chapter in volume 1.  The Atomic Theory says that all things are made
> > up of atoms.  All, all, all things. That logically means that the
> > entirety itself, the whole, everything is an atom itself. All is all.
> > And the Universe is everthing. All is everything. Everything is an
> > atom.
>
> I know that I am at the math level of a high school math teacher, and
> I must respectfully differ with you, Mr. Plutonium.  You state above
> that "The Atomic Theory says that all things are made up of atoms."
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The Atomic Theory does *NOT* state that "all things *ARE* atoms."
>
> To say that "all things *ARE MADE UP OF* atoms" logically means that the
> entirety itself, the whole, everything *IS MADE UP OF* atoms.
>
> The phrase *IS MADE UP OF ATOMS* is not equivalent in meaning to the
> phrase *IS AN ATOM*.
>
> Please take no offense, for none is intended: it has been my
> understanding that you hold to the theory of the Plutonium Atom
> Totality for stronger reasons than simply a belief that the phrase "IS
> MADE UP OF" is equivalent in meaning to the word "IS".

  I take no offense. It is good to spend a lot and a lot of time on
this perhaps most important of all logic arguments. If anyone had ever
done this argument before 1990, then they may have discovered the One
Atom Everything.

  I enjoy going through this waterproof and airproof argument.

  The key word, key quantifier is All. I cannot stress that word
enough.

(1) Atomic Fact or Atomic Hypothesis: All things are made up of atoms.
(2) Implies, one thing is either one atom or a multitude of atoms
(3) Universe is one-verse, a one structure
(4) One structure is one entity. For we cannot deny that the universe
is a something, an entity, and not a nothing.
(5) Since by (1), if all things are made up of atoms, then the universe
itself as one entity must be one atom.

up of atoms", then the "All" by itself must be one atom. Of course, you
may insist in a multiverse instead of a universe. And then in the
argument above the Multiverse is a number of Atom Totalities. But that
is ad hoc and unneccessary and unwarranted assumptions and reasoning.
We can be certain of a universe, but we have no evidence in support of
a multiverse. Unless we ever obtain science data in support of a
multiverse, we must stick to the ground floor of known observable
evidence of a universe. Simplicity is the best-- do not paint legs on a
snake.