psychoceramics: Inevitability of gradualness

"Inevitability of gradualness" is a phrase used by Francis E. Dec
(in his "RANT #2", in _Kooks_, p181).

This evening I was at a friend's house, and picked out a book called
_The Mother Company Conspiracy_, by one Greg Rudd, who is "private
secretary to a federal politician" according to the author's bio,
and lives in Brisbane, my own place of residence. I was just
skimming the book, trying to get a sense of what it's about - it
seems that the Mother Company is a conspiracy of white supremacists
who secretly run the western world - when I came across this:

    "_The inevitability of gradualness_ is the motto of the Mother
  Company." Prescott cocked one silvering well manicured eyebrow.
  "The Mother Company was the forerunner to the Fabian Society,
  which was founded in 1884. The Society was named for the Roman
  General Fabius Maximus who overcame his enemies by a slow power
  of attrition..." (p238)

So - what's going on here?  Is the Mother Company an agent of the
Frankenstein Computer God? Did Rudd read Dec and feel inspiration?
Is "inevitability of gradualness" a well-known figure of speech
which might conceivably be known both to the private secretary of
an Australian politician and to your only hope for a future, Esq.
(but not to me)?

--
-mitch
http://desire.apana.org.au/~qix