psychoceramics: "Kooks" by Donna Kossy

I picked this book up the other day, and it's very enjoyable reading.  She
_does_ use a few well-known Internet texts from kooks, so there's a little
redundancy with what i've seen on here and other Internet sources, but for
the most part it's a great read.  Quite entertaining, and she writes about
kooks from the past (early-1800's to present).  It looks like she published
a magazine entitled "Kooks Magazine" for quite a while, and she certainly
seems well-read in all aspects of kookdoom.  Here's a quick quote from the
introduction...

 "Though i have great affection for kooks, the term is usually used by
others on a pejorative basis; the word is often invoked but rarely aimed at
oneself.  Granted, there are people, self-styled or corporate-styled
bohemians, who by virtue of their desire to belong to a certain in-crowd,
call themselves kooks as easily as saying, "I'm weird" or "I'm crazy."  I am
not concerned here with a trendy or self-conscious usage of the term."

My sentiments exactly.

Andy