[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
psychoceramics: News of the Weird  - 10May96 (fwd)
- To: p--@z--.net (Psychoceramics)
- Subject: psychoceramics: News of the Weird  - 10May96 (fwd)
- From: acb @ cs.monash.edu.au (Andrew C. Bulhak)
- Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 15:01:15 +1000 (EST)
- Sender: owner-psychoceramics
Many of you will have probably seen this. Here are two items of note
from the recent News Of The Weird.
----- Forwarded message from NotW List Admin -----
* In April in Muskogee, Okla., religious patriot/prophet Willie
Ray Lampley, 65, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for a
scheme to blow up buildings (in his words, "drop four or five
buildings"). Lampley had targeted gay bars, abortion clinics, and
"civil rights centers" for demolition because he was certain of an
imminent foreign invasion and thought the explosions somehow
would forestall it. [Philadelphia Inquirer-AP, 4-26-96]
* Jailed in San Rafael, Calif., in February, on the latest of his 18
indecent-exposure convictions, Mr. Ubiquitous Perpetuity God,
68. (Mr. God says he changed his name years ago so that his
flashed victims would have "some type of awareness of God.")
[New Haven Register-AP, 2-15-96]
Copyright 1996, Universal Press Syndicate. All rights reserved.
No commercial use may be made of the material or of the name
News of the Weird.
----- End of forwarded message from NotW List Admin -----
"The Manson Family has some special characters."
-- A documentation file in Emigre's http://www.zikzak.net/~acb/
Mason Serif font family package a--@d--.null.org