psychoceramics: FW: Who's holding us back????

more from the ineffable Mr. Lamprecht.
_
From: Jan Lamprecht on Fri, Jun 7, 1996 9:57 PM
Subject: Who's holding us back????

Terry,
In light of that last e-mail, you mentioned that you don't trust the
Govt. It's something which has been bothering me *A LOT*. It's about
time I mentioned my feelings:-

The argument has been put forth that Govts are trying to "help" us by
keeping the truth from us. The argument is that *WE* Joe Public -
can't deal with the truth, can't deal with reality - while Govts - so
it seems can. (We have to balance our cheque books, yet they can't
balance their budgets - it makes you wonder who's more capable of dealing
with reality.....)

I used to buy that argument. But nowadays I think it's totally
fallacious - outright horseshit - propaganda intended to keep us
content with our ignorance. Let me explain why:

Societies across the world - from the simplest tribesmen upwards -
have experienced SEVERE CULTURE SHOCK - throughout history. Think of
when Europeans colonised much of the world. That's the same as
"aliens" coming to earth. You might argue that we're all humans of
more-or-less the same type and that it's not the same as meeting the
6-legged-3-armed-zuggats from Zoron. Yet, if UFO contactee stories
are anything to go by, most aliens seem VERY COMFORTABLE in our
gravity, and they breath this atmosphere with no problem.

While many primitive tribes were wiped out by diseases and such
things. Most seem to have coped in spite of the culture shock IN
SPITE OF MILITARY ASSAULT EVEN. No matter how backward they are,
they've come to terms with the reality. It might not have benefitted
them - but NONE OF THEM COMMITTED MASS SUICIDE or
behaved in any other bizarre fashion which showed that the experience
had unhinged their minds.

Here we are. Millions of us around the world. We're not cringing in
fear. We're SEEKING KNOWLEDGE - we're curious as hell. The idea of
meeting Humans, Greys, Zuggats or any other bizarre creature out
there - isn't causing us any sleepless nights. We're more worried
about lying Govts than we are by Man-eating-Aliens. We're TOTALLY
DEFENCELESS - yet, in spite of our pitiful situation wherein we are
totally defenceless, totally helpless, and at the mercy of a Universe
full of super-advanced Aliens - we're not losing our minds.

You can't be in a worse situation than being DEFENCELESS facing the
UNKOWN. So I don't see how we can possibly sink lower, or become more
scared than now. Yet, we're NOT SCARED.

Sure, there are some Christians, who might have their beliefs
ruffled. But there are many OTHER Christians who buy into the idea of
Aliens, and all they need to show said former Christians are some
lines in the Bible which justify the existence of the Aliens, and
said former Christians will be back on track - even deriving strength
from the new found knowledge in their Bible.

I don't see how our economic systems can collapse. Anyone who thinks
our economic system will collapse - has no understanding of the
adaptability of the Free Market system. At worst, our economic
systems could become UNSTABLE for a while - but beyond that I see no
PERMANENT DAMAGE. Heck, all economies experience crashes and other
such man-made disasters. Countries have been totally destroyed by
war. Yet, mass death, nor total destruction caused those countries to
be devoid of human activity. No matter the disaster, mankind has
always without fail, risen again.

The Average human, poor fucking sucker that he is, trodden upon, lied
to, cheated - propagandised. The poor fucker, weak as he is, poor and
ignorant as he is - he is nevertheless the Building-block of society.
And no matter what disaster befalls him - sure a couple of million
may die - he's the strongest damned thing there is. As weak as he is,
the average human seems to be the strongest most resilient thing
around.

Govts may come and go - ideologies may be born, and they may die. But
the average human just goes on and on. No matter how downtrodden he
may be - he seems to have an infinite ability to adapt.

The strongest may actually be the weakest. Govts may fear a power
which can remove their CONTROL over us - if this power so wishes.

Let's face it squarely. The Aliens have the Power of Life and Death
over US - over YOU AND ME - and they have the same power over our
Govts. The Aliens are so advanced that we can not even begin to mimic
their technology. It goes without saying that they could kill us,
enslave us, steal from us, oppress us - just when the hell they want
- and there's nothing we can do about it. They could paralyse and
destroy the armies of the greatest nations on earth. They could
obliterate us from this planet and live here instead of us. They only
have to make that decision and this place is there's. That's the
position we're in.

I feel that it's not US who are the problem - it's the Govts. They
FEAR they will lose their influence, their power. They are keeping us
in the dark because this is their way of "enslaving" us. As long as
they keep up the charade that there is no life in the Universe, we
are kept in our PRISON.

Look at ALL powerful organisations in history which were SEVERELY
THREATENED. They ALL react the same way. They bring in the
Thought-Police to control their follower's minds. They try to stave
off panic. They OVERREACT. It is a fact of life that people (on
Earth) do not RELINQUISH POWER WILLINGLY. The Aliens will have to
force some sort of confrontation.

Take those events in Aussie where spacecraft are flying in formation
and the Aliens are overtly making themselves as visible as they can.

The Aliens WANT CONTACT. They keep on PRESENTING
THEMSELVES BEFORE US. They keep on PARADING their craft before us.

Many of us Average Humans WANT KNOWLEDGE. We are CURIOUS.
We want to know more. In spite of the potential threat factor, our curiousity
is far greater than our fear. In spite of our utter defencelessness,
we're curious as hell - and we're just not freaking. No matter how
many scary stories we hear - we're in fact more paranoid about our
own Govts than Man-eating-Aliens.

It seems plainly clear to me, that the problem area are our Govts.
They're SCARED. Because Human society WILL ADAPT - but the Govts may
find themselves GREATLY WEAKENED - and that scares them. I think it
also bothers them that we might learn things from the Aliens which
we're NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW. For example, the Aliens might tell us
things about our corrupt Govts which we would never otherwise have
found out - after all they have the technology to monitor us. I think
many of these things really scare our Govts. They just wish the
Aliens would bugger off....... But those Aliens are NOT leaving.
They're here to stay - until we open up to them.....

I think that if anyone's having a problem dealing with reality then
it's our leaders....

As for me. I think we should GROW UP. We live on this little Island
called Earth. All around are other bigger and better islands. Are we
going to become a hermit race, stuck on earth, never talking to
anyone else in the Universe? Or are we going to GROW UP, and
and make contact?

What have we got to lose? They can kill us or oppress us in any way
which suits them. We can't possibly be in a worse position than we
are now. So why not go and say "Hi". Communication will benefit us a
*LOT*  - we will learn many things from them. Communication will
benefit us MORE than it will benefit the Aliens. After all - we have
nothing to lose anyway - except our ignorance....