psychoceramics: Earthquakes, and the prediction and prevention thereof

[N.A.F. McNelly]

> Andrew C. Bulhak wrote:
> >Another earthquake predictor...  It appears that the prediction of
> >earthquakes is a common thread among kooks, crackpots and original
> >thinkers
>
> And not just earthquake prediction - some years back a fair number
> of people in California were done in by serial killer Herbert Mullin,
> who was, I if I recall correctly, found to be a paranoid schizophrenic.
>
> Mullen believed that he was preventing earthquakes by killing people
> periodically.

And who can forget Emil Matalik, who proposed self-spanking (or something
of the sort) as a solution to the earthquake problem?

--
"Man does not have the right to develop his own    http://www.zikzak.net/~acb/
 mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great           <a--@d--.null.org>