Re: psychoceramics: de Selby et al

[Rob]

> Hi, new to this list I wonder if anyone can give me a kook rating on
> the following:
>
> http://users.aol.com/bigsecrets/Keeler.html
>   (still not sure this writer is not an invented one)
>
> http://www.tassie.net.au/~jpalmer/index.html
>   (obsessed, yes. A Kook? Possibly.)
>
> http://www.ling.nwu.edu/~sburke/dada/
>    (a recent spate of haiku has swamped the dada list)
>
> http://hamp.hampshire.edu/~ngzF92/jarrypub/commence.html
>    (Author of the legendary Dr Faustroll.)
>
> http://www.cybertheque.fr/perso/anita/vian/menuvian.html
>
>    (Boris Vian. Both he & M Jarry are of French extraction and dead.)
>
> Another favourite of mine is de Selby but no web reference that I know
> of, a few on Flann O'Brien, but none devoted to the savant himself.

I haven't found any of O'Brien's books mentioning de Selby, but I
believe he (and his theories of teratological molecules, six-dimensional
plenumary time and similar things) were mentioned in the footnotes of
Robert Anton Wilson's novel, "The Widow's Son".  I'd like to find out
more about de Selby.

I've read _Exploits and Opinions of Dr. Faustroll, Pataphysician_ though.
Well worth reading.  The final chapter deals with mathematically finding
the surface area of God.

--
  http://www.zikzak.net/~acb/      "cynical is a word used by the frightened
           <a--@d--.null.org>       to describe the realistic"