Re: psychoceramics: psychoceramics, clones, and the Central Intelligence Agency

[Steve Lamont]

> > Here's the classic one:
> > Gary Stollman

Stollman used to post to USENET back in 1992 or so from (I think)
g--@n--.com (though that's now someone else).  There was once
an archive of some of his posts on the net, but there does not
seem to be anymore.

> > The man who has appeared on KNBC for the last 3 years is not my
> > biological father. He is a clone, a double created by the Central
> > Intelligence Agency and alien forces. It is only a small part of a
> > greater plot to overthrow the United States government, and possibly
> > the human race itself. The CIA has replaced and tried to destroy my
> > family, and those of my friends.
>
> This sort of CIA related scenario seems to be a recurring theme in a
> number of these deslusional folks.  This leads me to wonder to what
> this sort of person would have blamed before the advent of the Central
> Intelligence Agency.  The Jews?  The Pope (he's still quite popular, I
> suppose, in psychoceramic circles)?  How long have the Illuminati been
> "around?"  Is there any research about this?  Has anyone done any
> categorization of delusional thinking.

That's a very interesting point.  Over the past few years, aliens
(in particular, the Grays from Zeta Reticuli*, who now adorn
skateboard brandname T-shirts and such) have become a cause celebre
among the paranoid.  Before that there were the Illuminati, the
Trilateral Commission, the CFR and the Bilderbergers (predominantly
among conservative and Christian paranoids), the Freemasons (esp.
among Catholics), the Vatican (esp. among Protestants), the Jews
(a perennial favourite; many books have been written analysing the
theme), the CIA/NSA/FBI/etc. (distributed well, though left-wing
paranoids in particular focussed on the CIA and such), the Communists
(the KGB, Smersh, whatever; probably widespread in the 1950s but
later more a province of conservatives) and such.

As to what paranoias were "in" before the CIA came into being, and
before Communism, I'd venture to say that ethnic and religious
themes have been popular (Papist and Jewish plots and such),
as well as various secret societies (Freemasonry and Illuminism were
big in the 19th century; so much so that in the United States
there was an Anti-Masonic Party some time in the early to mid-19th
century).  Not to mention various imperial machinations.

* Who originated the Gray meme?  Was it Whitley Strieber, or someone
  before him?

> It *is* interesting how often George Bush and the CIA seem to crop up
> in these delusions.  Do you suppose that maybe....???  *Nah* Can't
> be...

Well, Bush was a CIA director, and the CIA (a) was involved in
shady business which has been documented (various Central American
intrigues, mind-control research with LSD, psychic research, etc.),
and (b) operates largely in secrecy, thus amplifying any conjecture
about it.  (And if someone is hearing voices in their head, an
anecdote they once heard about CIA telepathy or mind-control research
may well capture their imagination.)

 -- acb