Re: psychoceramics: Re: Good aliens coming soon

[Steve Lamont]

> > I dunno how specifically psychoceramics this is, because it doesn't
> > involve anything printed or published, but nevertheless it's all a
> > first hand report of what I gleaned from a 30 minute talk from a
> > colleague about LTUAE.
>                   ^^^^^ eh?

Life, the Universe and Everything.  I believe it's an Australian fringe
FidoNet forum/channel/notesfile/whatever and/or an IRC channel.  I
suspect that Matt did not mean the online LTUAE though.

> > Good aliens once visited this planet, thousands of years ago. They
> > considered the beautiful earth to be a perfect library in space for
> > all beings to come here and look at all our different varieties of
> > life living in harmony. The good aliens fed on our happy emotions.
> >
> > Then they went away to sleep. Bad aliens, which needed to consume
> > scared emotions to survive, came to earth and manipulated our genes
> > (the same way we manipulate animal genes) to become more warlike.
>
> This sounds remarkably like bits and pieces of The Book of the
> SubGenius and/or Revelation X (TBOTSG II).  Did this person mention
> anything about 7AM, July 5, 1998, pipes, or "Bob" perchance?

Then again, it could be just another of those space-brothers memes
(there are quite a few going about, specifically mentioning the comet
Hale-Bopp, and often some entity named Nibiru which is hiding behind it,
and intends to "interact with human DNA" or something), coupled with
the Fall From Grace motif.  (I imagine that Matt would have recognised
it if it were obviously a SubG troll.)

Incidentally, does anybody here remember a post about an asteroid
shaped like a giant face being on a collision course with Earth, due to
arrive in "mid-1998"?  That sounds like a SubG mutation of the
Hale-Bopp/Nibiru meme that's going around now.

 -- acb