Re: psychoceramics: Read all about it! ... in Heaven

[Mitchell Porter]

> >From _Carl Gustav Jung_ by Frank McLynn (Bantam, 1996), Chapter 1:
>
> "Jung's maternal grandfather... Samuel Preiswerk (1799-1871) was
> a pastor ... obsessed with Jewish history and culture. Convinced
> that Hebrew was the language spoken in Heaven, he ... achieved such
> eminence in Hebrew studies that he was appointed to a lectureship
> in the subject; his greatest source of satisfaction was the
> knowledge that he would now be able to read celestial newspapers."
>
> He also "set out a chair in his study for his first wife's ghost
> to sit in; during her weekly visit they would have long
> conversations"; but that doesn't strike me as being as weird
> as the bit about the celestial newspapers.

The usual theory is that Heaven's language may be Adamic, the perfect
language from before the fall of the Tower of Babel.  One variation on
this I recall is that it is a sort of "Platonic Hebrew", of which
Earthly Hebrew is a flawed approximation.

 -- acb