psychoceramics: Hans Moravec

My understanding is that his new book _The Age of Mind_ will indeed
be coming out this year or the next, but was delayed owing to problems
with the publisher. As Eugene hinted, I think he now believes some
variation on the "dust theory" from Greg Egan's _Permutation City_
(aka "Platonic materialism") which leads him to disdain transhumanist
life-extension projects like cryonics and mind-uploading as irrelevant,
since there's always a pattern of ones and zeroes scattered somehow
through the universe which would correspond to the continuation of
your existence. Or something along those lines. (This was reported
by Max More on the extropians list.)

-mitch
http://www.thehub.com.au/~mitch