psychoceramics: (Fwd) Re: Noahs flood ice age meltdown

This one's new to me - reminiscent of the Cities of the Red Night stuff that
Burroughs drew on.

=-=-=-=-=

From: sudsm @ aol.com (SUDSM)
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology
Subject: Re: Noahs flood ice age meltdown
Date: 20 May 1997 00:07:43 GMT

Steve (Re: Noahs flood ice age meltdown; sci.archaeology; 9705.19c)

>12,000 years ago the Persian Gulf, now a shallow sea, was a river
>valley where the Tigris and Euprates joined with other rivers flowed
>out beyond the strait of Hormuz almost all the way to the Indus.

     As I just said, and will repeat as often as necessary:

     How did it do all that if, as the KJV Bible says, it was confined
to "the face of the earth" (Gen. 7:4) adjacent to "the roof of the
world (Tibet, and "the face of the earth" was the "hidden" location
easy of Nod and far east of Mesopotamia (Gen. 4:14-16), or Aden, Eden,
or Edinu, as that region was called in early times.  By biblical
chronology it occurred in 2345-2344 BC, starting (by the Genesis
calendar) it began 1 November 2345 BC.
     As far as we know "the face of the earth" was what we now call
the Tarim Basin, Long. 75 to 95 Lat. 34 to 44, and Noah's flood/
earthquake plunged the nation there into "the great deep" and breached
the Pe Shan (its eastern border) so that as sand from the Gobi Desert
blew in, the great deep -- an Asian freshwater Mediterranean --
drained into China for decades, as Chinese legendary history records,
leaving the basin totally desiccated and burying the nation that had
settled there beyond reach.
     It is probably true that the nation destroyed had been the source
of all knowledge in the world -- which is why it was known as "the
face of the earth" -- and why a very local catastrophe was (and still
is) a global disaster.  It is commemorated all over the world
generally about 1 November by some kind of "festival of the dead"
(like our own Halloween) or, as in Mexico, on 17 November since
Genesis says it started on the 17th of the month.  Persia called the
whole of November the month of death, and Australian aborigines called
the Pleiades, which appeared there in November, the givers of rain.
It was still, according to the Bible, a local flood/earthquake.
     How can that possibly be confused with the ice age meltdown?

                                                      Suds
To: w--@s--.net (Steve Whittet)

Darwin is buried in Westminster Abbey with Church of England Greats

--
Bruce Baugh <*> http://www.phix.com/~bruce/
Moderator, comp.os.ms-windows.win95.moderated