psychoceramics: Re:Also from the forteana-list

>>> William Tozier <t--@s--.edu> 31/07/97 :1649 >>>
Clipped from the forteana mailing list:
Here's a letter that Chemistry & Industry received in April from a
gentleman in Powys who writes such missives fairly (ir)regularly. If anyone
has a clue what it's about, I'd  be interested to hear.

--Worry ye not. This poor man is attempting to explain the Gaia hypothesis in
terms of the space time continuinuinuuum (always hard to finish that word). I
wish I hadn't stopped getting Chemistry & Industry now. There was never anything
that interesting in it when I was a member.

His main point appears to be that we have got global warming all wrong because
we are using the wrong time scale. He seems to have become trapped in an
objective view of measuring system - confusing quantum with newtonian, almost.
He appears to have forgotten that time units describe, they do not define.

Mind you, I was accosted by a Jewish welshman in a pub once who tried to
convince me that Hale-Bopp signified the end of communism in China. Maybe it's
something to do with the nuclear fallout in the Welsh hills.

--Rev Episkopos Hippy Eponymous Bosh
Pope
Hierophant
Quantum Fillossifer and