psychoceramics: Fwd: A New Approach To A Unified Theory From Outside The Arena.

From: "James Toupin" <actor @ netcom.ca>
Newsgroups: alt.sci.physics.new-theories
Subject: A New Approach To A Unified Theory From Outside The Arena.
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:35:39 -0600

To Whom it may concern,
I must start by saying that I am a layman in the field of theoretical
physics, however as of late I have been intrigued by the subject and the
apparent contradictions it presents. Of particular interest to me is the
concept of a theory to unite the four elementary forces, from the quantum to
the general scale.

What set me to thinking in a new direction on the subject, is a little known
an often overlooked comment by Einstein. As the creator of general
relativity, he himself said that the mistake that most people make with his
theory is taking the speed of light as a constant. The only reason that his
famous equation appeared to be valid was that light speed appears to be a
constant from our position in space/time. Remember, this is the theory of
relativity and as such all things must be considered relative. And so in a
wonderful irony, Einstein's theory and equation work only due to our
relative point of view. God may not play dice with the universe, but he does
posses a sense of humour,apparently.

So then the question presented itself to me as "If the speed of light is not
a universal constant, what is?". The more I thought about this question the
more patently ridiculous, it seemed to me, that anyone could accept light
speed as a constant in the first place. In conversations with friends of
mine in the field of theoretical physics, I proposed to them that if
Einstein were to be left unquestioned than how can a particle, in this case
a photon, be accelerated to the speed of light and not require infinite
energy or obtain infinite mass? The standard reply was that this was due to
the "special" dual particle/wave nature of light, which apparently allowed
the photon to exist without mass. My response to this was twofold and always
left them at a loss for an explanation.

Firstly, it is now widely accepted, and considered to be proved true, that
all matter is of a duel particle/wave nature, thereby rendering the
"special" status of light the norm for particles and no different than any
other form of matter or energy. Secondly, without mass how can a photon be
seen to have an effect on other forms of matter. My example of a simple
solar cell, which relies on a photon interacting with the particles within
to produce current, left them searching for an explanation. Applied physics
confounds theoretical physics. What an exquisite juxtaposition.

So now my search for a universal constant became like a detective story,
following the links of cause and effect. If we can show that the speed of
light can be altered by outside forces, what are these forces and what are
their causes?

Well, the speed of light can be altered, by the warping or bending of
space/time. But what is it that causes that warping in the first place?
Gravity. Gravity, is a very little understood force, however we do know
basically what causes the gravitational effect, matter. So matter appears to
be the end of the chain. And yet, we are still unsure as to how matter
produces gravity in the first place. A dead end? Not yet.

Matter, and the gravity it mysteriously produces, obviously have a great
effect on space/time itself. What if the chain of cause and effect is being
interpreted in the wrong sequence?

To further lay the ground work of my thinking, at this time I must destroy
the belief of the average person who thinks that space/time is an empty
vacuum. We now know that particle are constantly condensing out of space
time into existence in our universe. I use the word condensing very
deliberately here. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy (or
matter) can neither be created or destroyed, but can only change it's state,
much like boiling water changing it's state to steam. Therefore these
condensing particles must be the changing of energy to a state of matter.
What is the source of that energy? Space/time itself!

So now let us rearrange the links of cause and effect. Space/time is energy
and matter reacts with that energy to create gravity. But is that where it
ends? A theory on the creation of gravity? No. Indeed how could it end
there? Gravity is the interaction of space/time and matter on a grand scale.
Yet we know that matter exists in very small particles as well. These
particles must also have an effect on space/time energy. It seems likely
that the interaction of matter and space/time energy on the quantum scale
could indeed produce other forces. Forces such as the strong and week
nuclear forces. In-between the grand scale of the general universe and the
macro quantum universe, could not this same interaction produce the last
force, electromagnetism in the same interaction with space/time energy?

So now we have united all the forces into different manifestations of one
single force, space/time energy. There remains only one question to be
answered, what causes the separation of this single force into the more
familiar forces that we see around us? The answer is clear. The one true
universal constant, matter!

It is matter and the amount of disruption that it causes in the space/time
energy that causes these apparently diverse manifestations of one single
force. I have come up with a rudimentary equation to explain this
interaction : Man = M x D.

To explain this equation : "Man" stands for the manifestation of space time
energy, what force it will be perceived as. "M" as usual stands for mass,
and finally, "D" stands for the disruption of space/time energy caused by
the amount of mass involved.

As a layman in the field, this is as far as I can take this theory. It is
now time for others to examine what I have laid down and take it to the next
level. To do this we need to understand far more about space/time and the
condensing particles within it. We must calculate their frequency and exact
nature, and most importantly their distribution throughout space/time.

 When we have come to a more thorough understanding of these matters (no pun
intended) whole new worlds will open up to us, as we learn how to recreate
and control these interactions. We will come to understand how to manipulate
space/time and realise that travel through that medium, in any direction, is
easier than we have previously envisioned.

The boundaries are gone! the only limit that we face now is or own
imaginations!

Sincerely;

James Toupin