psychoceramics: one good turn deserves another

> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 97 21:14 GMT0
> From: Tony Hollick <a--@c--.compulink.co.uk>

               OF CONSPIRACIES AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES:
                  THE TRUTH BURIED BY THE FANTASIES

  (c) 1996: Libertarian Alliance; Robin Ramsay

  [...]

  This Aids-as-germ-warfare-run- amok theory came from
  the Soviet Union; the KGB ran it through various third world media in
  revenge for the CIA conspiracy theory which blamed the KGB, through
  the Bulgarians, for the attempt to assassinate the Pope.

I've never heard this "revenge" claim before. It reminds me of the
claim that Triad heroin trade in the West is revenge for the Opium Wars.
Is there any evidence for either proposition?

-mitch
http://www.thehub.com.au/~mitch