psychoceramics: Re: FBI now using non-standard .jpg's]

At 12:02 AM 12/10/97 +1100, Andrew C. /Bul+hac?k/ wrote:
>On 6 Dec 1997 08:59:34 GMT, c--@a--.com (Chrstpher) typed:
>
>>the FBI is now using non-standard .jpg's
>>or documents that look like .jpg's to entrap
>>smut downloaders...

[deletia]

>>beware of non-standard .jpg files...!!!

Hrm...have heard rumors that porn GIFs/JPEGs/etc are being
used as message mules (using steganography)...have also
heard of steganography detectors, but this is a new twist.
Of course, the key is the word "entrap", e.g. "entrapment",
which doesn't hold water in a court of law (U.S. anyway..um,
usually, especially in these
"OhmygawdtheInternetiscorruptingAmericasyouthIreaditinTimesoitmustbetr
ue"
daze ;)

Moral - if you download kiddie porn, don't complain if you
can't view the file. "Moral"? Did I just say that in the
same phrase as "kiddie porn" - sheesh.

Harvey, Lord Ramdomfactor  K.S.C.
Jimmy Stewart Cabal