Re: psychoceramics: the mir-acle of medjugorje

> Uh-huh.  The problem is that Russia was isolated enough from the rest of
> Europe that idiom often fails to translate.  Khrushchev's "we will bury
> you" comment was more like "we will see you buried", i.e., "we will outlast
> you".  An entire generation of paranoia from one mistranslation.

And, one wonders, given the era and the manipulativeness of the people
in power (i.e., the "Old Boys Club" that ran the Department of State,
the Central Intelligence Agency [the Dulles brothers, _et_al_], and
the CIA's department of dirty tricks), how accidental that
mistranslation was.  Perhaps there was a propagandistic intent in
putting the worst possible spin on Mr. K's words.  Looking into that
little incident would probably make for some interesting and revealing
journalism.

							spl