psychoceramics: FYI:Re: AI Diagram Tutorial (fwd)

The Mentifex guy strikes once again... The M in MISC stands for Minimal
though.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:00:27 GMT
From: m--@s--.org
To: "bionet.neuroscience mail newsgroup" <bionet-n--@d--.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: AI Diagram Tutorial

>   From: r--@a--.com (Richard Steven Walz)

>In article <EL0DA8.4JL--@f--.victoria.bc.ca>,  <mentifex@scn.org>
wrote:
>> [...]
>> Those of you who have web sites and are open-minded enough to do
>> so, please encode a link to Mentifex AI and please also try to
>> accompany the link with an html-encoded diagram such as follows:

   <PRE>
     /^^^^^^^^^^^\   Overview of the Theory of Mind  /^^^^^^^^^^^\<BR>
    /visual memory\           ________   semantic   /  auditory   \<BR>
   |      /--------|-------\ / syntax \  memory    |episodic memory|<BR>
   |      |  recog-|nition | \________/------------|-------------\ |<BR>
   |   ___|___     |       |     |flush-vector     |    _______  | |<BR>
   |  /image  \    |     __|__  / \  _______       |   /stored \ | |<BR>
   | / percept \   |    /     \/   \/ Verbs \------|--/ phonemes\| |<BR>
   | \ engrams /---|---/ Nouns \    \_______/      |  \ of words/  |<BR>
   |  \_______/    |   \_______/-------------------|---\_______/   |<BR>
   </PRE> [...]
>  -------------------------
> You... Are A NUT-CAKE!!
> -Steve
> --
> -Steve Walz  r--@a--.com  ftp://ftp.armory.com:/pub/user/rstevew
> -Electronics Site!! 1000 Files/50 Dirs!! http://www.armory.com/~rstevew
> Europe:(Italy) http://ftp.cised.unina.it/pub/electronics/ftp.armory.com

  Merry Christmas.  Put the diagram on your Web site, Steve, and take
  your rightful place in history.  Offer ends soon on FRI.31.DEC.1999.

  Haven't you ever wanted to be part of something bigger than yourself?
  Do you realize what is going to happen now?  Of course, you could not
  know that what to your cranial measurements was a fruitile confection
  of difficult therefore-let's-not-bother-with-them ideas nevertheleast
  went out to the most sagacious minds now living among our speciation:
      - the DIAGRAMS list via d--@c--.stanford.edu;
      - a supersecret list of the Programmaturi originating Mind Henge;
      - Multiple Instruction Set Computing via MISC--@p--.rockefeller.edu;
      - GENerative grammarians via siggen-members@....;
      - History of Neuroscience (took some cheek) via histneur-l--@l--;

  Why is it that Nobelists show a cordial interest in this by default
  Standard Model of the Brain-Mind for Neuroscience, AI and Robotics,
  but your one square meter of neuronal convolutions returns a rant?
  He who attacks the Millennium of the Mind aids the Meme; THANK YOU