Re: psychoceramics: Japanese cartoon triggers seizures

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Ken Alexander wrote:

> > Japanese cartoon triggers seizures in hundreds of children.
> [...]
> > News reports blamed a scene in the cartoon [...]  followed by five
> > seconds of flashing red light in the eyes of "Pikachu," a rat-like
> > creature that is the show's most popular character.
>
> Sounds like it would make an excellent java applet.   :-)
>
> But what is psychoceramic about this event?  Do you think it didn't
> happen this way, and is instead some sort of mass hysteria?

I think it has the potential for becoming part of a future psychoceramic
issue. Anyone for bets on how long before this becomes part and parcel of
some conspiracy?

Terri

thirty days hath septober, april, june and no wonder!
All the rest eat peanut butter - except grandma -
she drives a buick.                -- Ted Williamson