Re: psychoceramics: god saves the earth flying saucer foundation

[Ken Alexander]
> Hadn't heard about this one.  The bogon flux from Texas attracts
> them all the way from China.  Mark your calendars!  Go cults!
>

>       TAIPEI, Dec 22 (AFP) - Taiwan has set up a special force to
> investigate [...] the God Saves the Earth Flying Saucers Foundation.
> [...]
>    One member's mother told police her daughter had paid 60,000
> Taiwan dollars (1,875 US) in membership fees and had been asked to
> pay at least 30,000 US dollars more if she were saved.
> [...]
>    The government was alerted by reports that around 100 members
> had followed the cult leader to Dallas, Texas where they were to
> wait for flying saucers to pick them up.
>    In an interview with the Taipei-based United Daily News, one
> follower said they would be "meeting God" on March 31 in Dallas and
> would be taken to Mars by flying saucers in 1999 when Doomsday comes.

Dallas?  Cult leader?  Flying saucers?
Sounds like a mutation of a SubGenius meme.

 -- acb [has anyone heard of the giant face-shaped asteroid due to
	 collide with the Earth in mid-1998?]

--
"I have spoken to one cat, and to many.  And wherever I have gone,   www.zikzak
 my message is the same...  Dream it!  Dream the world. Not this     .net/~acb/