psychoceramics: Re: [Pigdog] Crazy Catholics Embrace Aliens!

Eugene Leitl forwarded:

>    NOTE:  Here is one of the actual Italian television appearances by
>    Father Balducci stating the Vatican's belief that ETs exist. His
>    quotations are in Italian:
>
>    http://www.worldlink.it/nonsoloufo/baldui01.htm
>
> Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a Vatican theologian insider close to
> the Pope has gone on national Italian television five times in
> recent months to proclaim that extraterrestrial contact is a real
> phenomenon.

He's quoted at http://www.christusrex.org/www1/news/is2-29-96.html
as saying that Satanic cults are on the increase. I think;
unfortunately the babelfish.altavista.digital.com translation
leaves something to be desired; the English headline produced
is "Black puttinges with magic, women knots and bats". - A slight
digression from psychoceramic purism; the Italian-to-English
translations appear almost Joycean. Here are the opening lines of
another Balducci page, http://www.ce.unipr.it/segno/farnese/streghe.html,

  "When in sky the scope flew"

  You take a pizzico of pentafillion, a little oil and then acoro,
  sion solano sleeping pill and naturally bat blood. Joined all, you
  attend one night of full moon and, voil&agrave!, you are ready to
  detach the flight.

> Balducci provided the Catholic Church's analysis of
> extraterrestrials, emphasizing that extraterrestrial encounters
> "are NOT demonic, they are NOT due to psychological impairment,
> they are NOT a case of entity attachment, but these encounters
> deserve to be studied carefully."

At first, "entity attachment" struck me as an unlikely turn of
phrase - the word "entity" seems too theory-neutral, somehow
reminiscent of American channeling jargon - but it might well be a
demonological term of art. A search on the phrase turns up:

lots of ads for Metaphysical Consultant Services
(http://www.wowpages.com/releasement/home.html), who offer a
form of spiritual healing called "Spirit Releasement, also known as
Remote Depossession", for people suffering from entity attachment;

a PhD course in Transpersonal Psychology at Westbrook University
(http://www.westbrooku.edu/phdtrans.htm - Westbrook appears to
be wholly virtual, incidentally), which offers a subject, PS 607,
"The Unquiet Dead: Cases of Entity Attachment";

and http://www.mak.com/military/sgi-stealth.html, which is some
sort of commercially available military VR package, whose viewing
features include "Save and recall Stealth view-modes/entity
attachment combinations".

No demonologists, however.

Returning to the originally-cited page, it's not entirely clear
that he's saying, "Yes, we believe Earth is being visited by aliens".
At the most he seems to say, "Yes, there is evidence that suggests
this."

-mitch
http://www.thehub.com.au/~mitch