Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 01:47:23 GMT
From: Archimedes Plutonium <Archimedes.Plutonium @ DARTMOUTH.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list ETHOLOGY <ETHOLOGY--@S--EARN.SUNET.SE>
Subject: Edward O Wilson crackpot Bradley Tice asks questions

In article <tice-0--@t--.nai.net>
t--@n--.net (Bradley D. Tice) writes:

> I find his fantasy about mating with an ape even more funny than his
> homosexual fantasies. They've got a name for everything, what do they call
> doing it with animals, like Archimedes wants to?
>
> Keep your dog on a short leash around Archie (Archimedes).

Wilson,  EDWARD O. WILSON
  The Father of Sociobiology, a hyped-up concept that furthers
Darwinian
evolution. A pity Mr. Wilson never studied or understood the Bell
Inequality of Quantum Mechanics physics. The Bell Inequality of Quantum
Mechanics proves that bio- evolution is nothing more than an algorithm,
 just as the uniformitarianism principle in geology was an algorithm.
As
algorithms they are sort of helpful but they are not science or science
laws or theories.
   It was reported that at a conference, several in attendance threw
water or pie into the face of Mr. Wilson. It would have been far better
if
they had handed him the book Bell's QM work in hopes that Mr. Wilson
would take up true science and not his buffoonery.
   This author tried to meet Mr. Wilson at Harvard in 1992 in his
laboratory.  A few buildings away from the one which has bronze
rhinocerus. One of his graduate students intercepted me while Edward
slipped out the back exit.
  This author notes that lately Mr. Wilson has flooded the bookshelves
with his goofy science. And that Mr. Wilson has a good money
exploitation of the general public that seems to have escaped other
boilerroom book cranks such as Davies and Stewart.
  Mr. Wilson has the better business sense for many of his books are
co-authored. He finds some person to do most of the work in writing and
assembling a book and then puts his name on it along with the person/s
who
did it all. Nice business arrangements; I wonder if there is a bio term
for that? Symbiotic Reciprocal Altruism ?
   Mr. Wilson plays the best bio con game in town when one is deplete
of science originality and creative new ideas. That is the game of
dreaming-up
terms or definitions and pretend these terms have a basis in reality.
For
example, some bio terms from Mr. Wilson's book "Sociobiology" are  (1)
sociocline (2) social homeostasis (3) allopatric (4) panmictic (5)
stabilizing selection.
   And one can imagine that many hours are taken of today's students in
having to memorize and regurgitate these devoid of physical-science
reality terms, test after tests inflicted on students to memorize terms
which have no basis in physical reality. Terms are not science, but
experiments and observations and engineering and techniques and
laboratory hands on work is science.