psychoceramics: The 2 Pacals of Internet

I remember some talk on the list about "The Three Christs of Ypsilanti",
the account of a pyschiatrist indtroducing three patients who all
believed they were Jesus.  I just found myself in a somewhat similar
situation with the two Pacals of the web.

Jeeni Criscenzo (http://www.sunweb.com/jaguar/), who belives she is
the reincarnation of the Mayan ruler Pacal and has published a
vanity-press book about it, just sent a screeching rant to the
AZTLAN mailing list to the effect that (1) we are incapable of taking
her seriously because scientists are too hung up on hard evidence and
so not in touch with the spirit-world (2) we are attempting to keep THE
TRUTH about the Maya from "ordinary people".

Jose Arguelles (http://www.earthportals.com/Portal/Messenger/) isn't
the reincarnation of Pacal, but he has regular chats with him.  (Pacal
helped him out with the Harmonic Convergence.)  In fact, he is Pacal's
"true heir".

Problem is, Jose's Pacal doesn't sound anything like Jeeni's.
since I've corresponded with her and read her book (she wanted me
to flog it on my web page), I've asked Jeeni how we're supposed to
choose between two dissonant messages from the spirit-world without
hard evidence.  She seems intelligent and I'm very curious as to how
she'll respond.

Nancy McNelly                                      Write Your Name
http://www,halfmoon.org                            In Mayan Glyphs
Rabbit in the Moon: Mayan Glyphs and Architecture