Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 21:45:52 -0700
From: Fourth Millennium <zap @ DNAI.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list EV <EV--@S--JSUVM1.BITNET>
Subject: a new set of electromagnetic phenomena

ENLARGE ONE'S VOCAULARY AND CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK of electromagnetism or lie ther
 e and die there.  American ingenuity can't have been totally reduced to quips a
 nd jibes and snorts.  There is an all out effort around the world to parse this
  stuff and the only one who can click it anywhere near together is yours truly.

The below is an excerpt.

EVs, Ball Lightning, CF, Plasmoids and Etc., a New Set of Phenomena

 Part 1   A New Set of Phenomena (August 17, 1993)

        It seems that one can define "plasmoid-" type phenomena as an
universal phenomena.  What I mean is that almost all the anomalous
phenomena that I know about seems to be "plasmoid" phenomena, and it
seems to be possible to define almost all phenomena as "plasmoid"
phenomena.  During the last half of last year, I tried to
experientially relate cold fusion and "plasmoid" type phenomena.  I
used the photographs of traces in nuclear emulsions and of cathodes
that Matsumoto produced and has shown in his many "cold fusion"
articles in Fusion Technology during the last two or three years.  I
used the photographs of marks in plastics that Nardi and Bostick
and others showed(1), marks that they wrote were caused by what they
named "EB filaments."  The "EB filaments" were produced in much the
same way that Bostick had earlier produced what he called "plasmoids."
And I used the descriptions of the marks produced by the phenomena
that Ken Shoulders calls EVs that I had available(2).  I thought that
the marks were so similar that I related CF, EB filaments and EVs as
the same type of phenomena.  I also related other electrical discharge
phenomena and ball lightning, and tentatively related these to
"superconductivity."  At that time as well, I heuristically defined
substances as being composed of plasmoid-type phenomena as well.  I
suspect that these resolutions are useful.

        Evidence for this resolution is mounting.  I thought that the
picture of a micrometer sized thing with an interesting design that is
the cathode that Matsumoto showed in the January issue of Fusion
Technology(3) (see Part 2 of this article) may be a confirmation of
the ideas that I had described in papers that I wrote earlier.  Since
then I have learned about other confirmations of my deductions.  Most
basically, the evidence shows that electrolysis is much the same as
discharge.  I suspect that research in this direction will increase.

        Moreover, I've learned that Alfven, Peratt, and Lerner(4) and
others have developed detailed astronomical theories that astronomical
phenomena are plasmoid phenomena similar to those that were produced
by Bostick and many others by discharging through wires and points.  I
suspect that the evidence for this identification is sufficient.

        I suspect that at least part of the cold fusion phenomena that
people have reported is the formation of "plasmoid" phenomena that is
larger than the phenomena that were there previously.  The production
of energy and heavier elements is associated with many plasmoids.
Generally, I suspect that CF, superconductivity, EVs,
sonoluminescence, cathodoluminescence, and very many other anomalous
phenomena are "plasmoid-" type phenomena, and that phenomena in
general is "plasmoid-" like.  People can produce "plasmoid-" type
phenomena by many kinds of stressing of the environment, not only by
electricity, such as by breaking or heating substances.  The set of
phenomena that people have recently produced seems to be patterned
this way.  This set is the basis for a new kind of general theory.

        I suspect that the prior two generations have produced a set
of anomalous phenomena that is resolvable according to a new kind of
premise.  I suspect that the development of science has had an
approximately eighty year periodicity.  At approximately eighty year
intervals since 1500, people have produced new kinds of theories
because they experienced the many anomalous phenomena, the phenomena
that contradicted the prior general theory, that people were producing
at those times.

Part 2 (February 5, 1993)  EVs, Ball Lightning , and CF

        In his article in the January issue of Fusion Technology(3),
Matsumoto shows an SEM photo of a tiny ball lightning-type phenomena.
He did not describe the phenomena that was photographed.  I described
such phenomena in a paper that I finished writing in Dec.  1992.  This
one is in the material matrix.  Unless the white lines are an artifact
of some type, most of the it seems to radiate only as much as the
surrounding metal radiates, except according to a geometrical pattern,
which is very interesting.  I would say it is radiating the
electricity-light substance I described in the paper.  If the
electrolysis was discontinued when he took the SEM, then this is an
example of a material continuing to radiate after the stress is done.
This relates to the experience of many people who have stressed
materials in many ways in order to produce energy.  Tiny BL-type
phenomena is associated with the excess energy and many of the other
anomalous phenomena which people have reported.  It seems to be a
locus of anomalous phenomena.  There is now pictorial evidence that
the CF phenomena is a tiny BL-type phenomena, at least in part.

        In the paper that I wrote, I related ball lightning and
EVs(2).  Not all ball lightning is luminous.  Some people have
reported seeing ball lightning that was opaque and black(5).  Ken
Shoulders, who named EVs, reports that he has produced black EVs(2).
Ball lightning and EVs may leave the place where they form and travel
around.  They may leave marks like the ring traces and most of the
other traces that Matsumoto has shown.  They may travel along surfaces
and leave the long trail-like traces Matsumoto has shown in several
articles.  Matsumoto reports that such a trail was observed associated
with another apparatus.  He says that the emulsion was located behind
the glass of the container of the apparatus and the liquid, and far
away from the palladium rod.  Therefore, a tiny BL-type phenomena must
have traveled through the glass and the water and the air.  Ball
lightning has been reported to travel through material such as glass
and ceramic without any apparent effects on the material.  I suspect
that effects may be observable microscopically, however.  Ohtsuki and
Ofuruton have produced ball lightning-like phenomena which traveled
through ceramic and which apparently did not effect the ceramic(6).
Ball lightning has also been reported to travel though water(7).
Golka has produced ball lightning-like phenomena in water.  Tiny
BL-type phenomena are also the cause of the holes in substances which
people find.

        I am hoping that there can be much more research of this
phenomena, and that people will attempt to detect this phenomena.
I think it is important that those who research EVs and those who
research ball lighting and produce ball lightning-like phenomena
participate in the next CF conference.  BL researchers have had
conferences every year or every other year for several years now,
and there is an international BL conference committee.  Perhaps the
two conferences can be merged together.  Many CF researchers have
begun to be familiar with this phenomena, so they will probably be
interested in discussing BL.  An address for the International
Committee on Ball Lightning is 381 South Meridith Avenue,
Pasadena, California, 91106 U.S.A.

Part 3 (August 14, 1993)

        I suspect that a variety of sizes of BL-type phenomena are
produced by electric CF apparatus.  I suspect that the glows, coronas,
or luminescences that people report are BL-type phenomena, and that
the micrometer sized phenomena that people produce are another type of
BL phenomena, and that the sparks are also BL-type phenomena.  I
suspect that "electrons" and neutrons and charged particles and
"atoms" are best described as BL-type phenomena as well.

        I suspect that St. Elmo's fire, coronas, and BL are similar
phenomena.  People have seen corona and St. Elmo's fire phenomena
convert to BL phenomena that moved in the air.  People have also seen
BL phenomena convert to corona type phenomena.

        I suspect that the universe can be well described as BL-type
phenomena.  Alfven, Bostick, Lerner, and Peratt developed general
astronomical theories based on their ideas of "plasmoids."  Their
ideas about the production of energy and elements are interesting.
They described galaxies and stars, and the phenomena that people have
ascribed to "black holes," such as "white holes," as "plasmoid-" type
phenomena.

        I suspect that sunspots coincide with BL, volcanoes,
earthquakes, and storms in the air and sea.  I suspect that these
phenomena are BL-type phenomena and that they coincide with BL-type
phenomena in apparatus.  Hawkins discussed(8,9) the coincidence of
storm activity and CF phenomena, and he presented experiential
evidence of this(9).  I suspect that clouds and waves and wind are
BL-type phenomena as well.

1. V. Nardi, W. Bostick, J. Feugeas, and W. Prior, "Internal Structure
of Electron-Beam Filaments," Physical Review A, 22, no. 5, 2211
(November,1980).
2. K. Shoulders, "Energy Conversion Using High Charge Density," Patent
Number 5,123,039.
3. T. Matsumoto,"Observation of Mesh Like Traces on Nuclear Emulsions
During Cold Fusion," Fusion Technology, 23, (January 1993).
4. E. Lerner, The Big Bang Never Happened, New York, 1991.
5. S. Singer, The Nature of Ball Lightning, New York, 1971, p. 67.
6. Y. H. Ohtsuki and H. Ofuruton, "Plasma Fireballs Formed by Microwave
Interference in Air," Nature, 350, 139 (March 14, 1991).
7. S. Singer, The Nature of Ball Lightning, New York, 1971, p. 69.
8. N. Hawkins, "Possible Natural Cold Fusion in the Atmosphere," Fusion
Technology, 19, 2112 (July 1991).
9. N. Hawkins et al., "Investigations of Mechanisms and Occurrence of
Technology, 19, 2112 (July 1991).
9. N. Hawkins et al., "Investigations of Mechanisms and Occurrence of
Meteorologically Triggered Cold Fusion at the Chinese Academy of
Sciences," Proc. Conf. Anomalous Nuclear Effects in Deuterium/Solid
Systems Provo, Utah, October 22-24, 199
a new set of electromagnetic phenomena