Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy
From: rivero @ netcom.com (Michael Rivero)
Subject: Re: Wealthy Jews leaving U.S.?

In article <029809PCANASBTGLAGPL--@k--.com> joebuck@kbbs.com writes:

>Is anyone familiar with recent reports that a number of
>high-profile Jewish Americans have decided to emigrate from the U.S. to
>other countries?
>As I recall, one such individual is a famous Israeli-American musician.
>If this is true, I find this highly disturbing, as it may signal that
>people "in the know" concerning social and economic trends have "given
>up" on America due to the manifest general decline of the nation in
>recent decades.
>Interestingly, not one of these people has emigrated to Israel, which
>would seem to bolster the likelihood that they took such drastic action
>out of social and economic concerns, not for religious reasons.

  A great many people are leaving. As of the last census, 1.2 million
young professionals of all races, creeds, and colors last year.
Year before was roughly .7 million, and the year before that half a million.

  In Australia, 1 percent of the current citizens were born in the United
States.

  This is a repeat of the "brain drain" which afflicted Europe when the
American colonies opened up and provided an alternative to continuing
life under the "nobility".

  Such is happening now, as American talents head for greener pastures.
That the trend is clearly escalating may be part of the reason for the
new U.S. Coast Guard harbor patrol boats we saw conducting training
exercises at the Cabrillo Marina and at Ports O' Call on Saturday Afternoon.
Roughly 22 feet long with a 10 foot beam, these boats sport two
huge outboard engines and a high frequency radar on a mast. The boat
has no cabin, and a shallow freeboard, which means it's meant for
harbor ops within the breakwater.

  The new patrol boats (I say new because they were being launched
as we watched from the channel) have abandoned the traditional
high visability red on white paint job of the Coast Guard for
a blue over dark gray/green. Manned by a crew in heavy bullet proof
vests and camo fatigues (jungle camo at sea??????), the single most
striking feature about the boats were the three swivel machine gun mounts;
two at each end of the transom, and a larger one on the foredeck.

  We encountered two such boats, both of them failing to observe the
"No Hazardous Wakes" rule of in-harbor traffic.

  These boats, very fast, very lethal, do not appear equipped to handle
arrests, or to tow wayward vessels, and certainly, these are not boats
related to public safety (one of the crew needs to learn the correct way to
tie off a docking fender). They appear to me to be armed "picket" boats.

  Were these two boats to station themselves at the two entrances to the
breakwater, it would effectivly blockade the harbor as far as civilian
boating is concerned. This is in keeping with Executive Order 10999
of the FEMA E.O.s, which provides for the seizure of all means of
transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind
and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

  Just to put these boats in context, imagine what you would think if you
saw the Highway Patrol start putting machine gun mounts on their cars.

  "The United States Coast Guard: It's not just saving lives anymore!"

--
===========   T H E   A N I M A T I O N   P L A N T A T I O N  ============
|  Michael F. Rivero - r--@n--.com - 17 years in the business       |

    Andrew C. Bulhak    "You don't have to stay anywhere forever."
a--@c--.monash.edu.au         -- Edwin Paine (1901-1914),  December 1990
    a--@d--.null.org         (in _Sandman: Season of Mists_, by Neil Gaiman)