psychoceramics: Regional variations

> [Bruce Ediger]
> >
> > Two things here:
> >
> > 1. I was under the impression that the USA had a much higher Religious
> >    Kook Quotient than other countries.  Unfortunately, I'm not well
> >    traveled, so I have no experience to back this up.  Can someone from
> >    Australia or Europe comment on the quantity and quality of Real Life
> >    Religious Kooks?
> > [...]

Here in the UK, we have a strange class of inverse religious kook - the
rational bishop.  The bishop of Durham gained fame for expressing his
view that the resurrection, the virgin birth, and other miracles might
be meant as stories; just as parables, rather than the literal truth.

More recently, the bishop of Liverpool(?) suggested that Evolutionary
Psychology was an interesting place to look for an explanation as to
why humans are naturally sexually promiscuous, for example.

It is very unsettling when you realise the clergy is making sense.

Jim