psychoceramics: FW: GEORGE: Diagrams & progress...

from a hollow earth mailing list....
_
Hi George,
I haven't had a chance to get back on the e-mail track for some time,
however I thought I'd drop some lines. I've so far written 10,000
words of the 60 - 70,000 words which I've set as my target. It might
be more of course, but the minimum is 60,000. Perhaps some
embellishing, etc could push it up to 80,000+ - who knows.

While writing I am thinking visually. The result has been pleasing -
considering that I don't have an artistic bone in my body.

I have so far scanned 3 maps and a drawing which I'd like to include.

The first piece I wrote was a general attack on geology as it
currently stands - that needed some R&D and some statistics, maps,
etc. That's done. It was quite long, being about 7,000 words.

Now I'm busy with the next piece, which is a detailed explanation of
Hollow Earth theory. The funny part is that there is not a single
book I have every bought on the subject which actually discusses
Hollow Earth/Planet theory in depth. Especially nothing graphic to
depict the issues and problems. So that's what I've been doing for
the last 2 weekends. I began with very simple rough sketches from
which your artists can work. While going about it I started producing
quite a number of simple sketches. The total now stands at 11, as
well as a table of height Versus distance of the horison. I found
that it made things so much easier to understand when one
incorporated some simple drawings. This should make it really easy
for you to extract the stuff you need for an episode. I'm writing
around 600 - 700 lines for each section, and you should have no
problem choosing the 200, 300 or 400 lines you may need.

It's just been a little slow so far because of the need for thinking
carefully, doing calculations or drawings and then writing it. I can
see that I'll be going back over it all to clean it up.

Currently however, I am more concerned about making the quota of
required words! Writing is bitch. I'm hoping that other sections
further on will go quicker because I can quote directly from other
books. Research is a dog. I say this because suddenly I feel the need
for more R&D and that is extremely time consuming.

I'm hoping to be closer to 12,000 words by the end of today.

The stuff about the Hollow Moon should go a hell of a lot quicker, as
will some other sections - I hope. It's the "thinking stuff" which is
slow. You know, gathering data, formulating arguments, expressing
them correctly and in detail. It's very laborious.

So what I'm saying is that the stuff I've written so far will be very
suitable for visual presentation - perhaps even some animation.
There's plenty of room for good, simple visual stuff which will get a
good message across.

I think I'll try scanning some of my drawings when you are ready to
look at them and to read what goes with them.

As I've said before, nothing like this has ever been done. I'm taking
many questions which people have raised and am addressing them
totally and thoroughly so that there can be no question that they are
explained perfectly and that this is the correct explanation. People
often send me some questions or weaknesses of the Hollow Planet idea
- and in compiling this I'm attending to all the "Frequently Asked
Questions" and attending to them as thoroughly as I can.

Take for example questions like:

If the earth is hollow then:
1. Why have explorers reached latitude 90 degrees?
(Explanation of what latitude 90 degrees means, with accompanying
diagrams, showing the effects of curvature. Also showing how the
shape of the planet is critical to the concept of navigation and how
it can not work with any concept other than a sphere. Explaining why
latitude 90 degrees is always reached regardless of shape, etc)

2. Why do their measurements of the sun show it to remain the same
    height above the horison?
(Answer: The variations in the movement of the sun amount to 0
degrees 0 minutes 0.88 seconds or 1/2000th the size of the smallest
thing the eye can see - detailed explanation plus calculations and
accompanying diagrams of the "up-down" wobble and the East-West
wobble and problems in detecting them. Propose measurements of the
Moon as a better means of detecting the hole, plus giving the
expected results).
3. I have been to the north pole, or flown near it - yet I see no hole?
4. Why don't astronauts see the hole?
(Explanation of heights, distances you can see, curvature of the
earth, plus the route taken by the space shuttle, aircraft, etc).

It's simple, straightforward, methodical and faces the issues head
on. It's sort of like a kid in grade 7 getting a lesson in Hollow
Earth geography.

I haven't gotten to the "evidence" section yet. That should be quite
exciting since I just have to pull out pieces from various books,
magazines, encyclopedias, write it down and then put a commentary
after each one. So it will consist of groups of paragraphs which
finally get rearranged at the end into various sections. Also, I will
have to adjust it and hopefully add a lot more to it when you get
round to doing your interviews, etc. When you have some time,
and I've cleaned up some of it, I think I should e-mail it to you so
you can read it.

As I continue to say, no one has ever approached the subject as
methodically as this, point by point, issue by issue, clearly and
simply. What we're doing will definitely be something that will be
remembered for a long time. What we're doing could well become the
standard "textbook" regarding the Hollow Earth theory - not even
Marshall Gardner was as thorough.  I've piled up a whole stack of books
and encyclopedias in my office from which I will pull the things I need, and
scan the diagrams I want. I've so far hardly touched the pile.

Let's see how it goes - I might make those 60,000 - 80,000 words with
no problem and still have plenty more to chuck in. Who knows, maybe
80,000 words will be too little!

I may edit and re-edit it several times. But first I'm aiming for my
quota and for factual accuracy.

BTW, I finally traced York Films. It's now called "Brite Films". They
have so far not replied to my fax.