psychoceramics: Strange politics (was: Re: One World Gov't)

Peter Hipwell <p--@c--.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> It also allows "wacky" people to display their finely honed senses of
> humour. The best known is Screaming Lord Sutch, head of the "Monster
> Raving Loony Party". Not really a kook, not really very entertaining,
> but sort of nice to have. This is the kind of thing Monty Python was
> taking a crack at with the "Sensible Party" vs. the "Silly Party"
> episode.

I think the deposit was made substantially higher than that a few
years ago to discourage fringe candidates etc (shame).

A psychoceramically interesting parliamentary candidate was Amanda
Feilding, whose only policy was that trepanning operations should
be available on the NHS.  That's trepanning as in making a hole
in your skull.  She and her husband performed trepanation on
themselves; he wrote a book "Bore Hole", and she made a film
"Heartbeat in the Brain" featuring footage of her own operation,
intercut with artistic shots of her pet pigeon, Birdie.  They
claim it allows more blood into the brain, hence more oxygen,
hence a permanent "high".

See: http://zikzak.zikzak.net/~thirdeye/index.html.  Also, click
on the "Modern-day Trepanation" link for an article on Feilding.

FWIW, there's an http:/www.trepan.com/, containing the same article,
only interesting to think that someone has actually bothered to
register that name.

Oh, and there's an interesting artists impression at
http://www.btf.com/crank2/crnk2-17.htm

I would be grateful for any leads on getting hold of the film,
or indeed any more information.

> I never heard about the World Government party. Although the Natural
> Law Party, funded by George Harrison's (among others) money, put up a
> candidate in every constituency in the last general election. They are
> a transcendental meditation, levitation, and cosmic harmony sort of a
> group.

http://home.natural-law.org/

Jim