psychoceramics: One World Gov't

In message <1--@b--.cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, Peter Hipwell
>I never heard about the World Government party. Although the Natural
>Law Party, funded by George Harrison's (among others) money, put up a
>candidate in every constituency in the last general election. They are
>a transcendental meditation, levitation, and cosmic harmony sort of a
>group.
>
>Cheers,
>Pete.

The NLP is another offshoot of the Guru Maharaj Ji and the
Transcendental Meditation movement, so beloved of The Beatles. Some
years ago he set up a "university" for the study of Natural Law that,
amongst other things, aimed to show that when only "the square root of
one percent" of the population practice TM there is a perceptable
improvement in the quality of life for all. Did anyone ever mention that
the square root of one percent is ten percent?

The NLP has attracted such luminaries as Doug Hennings (sp?), a former
stage magician, and seems to have awarded a doctorate in Natural Law to
all its parliamentary candidates.

One of the Natural Law highlights used to be its application to cutting
expensive government programmes: for example, by the application of
Natural Law we would supposedly be able to defend our country by
preventing our enemies being born.

About fifteen years back the NLP (or whatever they were called then) had
a two-page advert in the "New Scientist" magazine that made all these
wonderful claims. They followed up by adverts in the Financial Times
(about five years back, I think). I wish I'd kept copies!
--
Carl Moss                                       c--@c--.demon.co.uk