psychoceramics: (Fwd) Antigravity device EXISTS but info is squelched...

I always like it when people post their real-world rants to
rec.arts._sf_.science.

From: R WILSON <u02rw @ abdn.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.science
Subject: Antigravity device EXISTS but info is squelched...
Date: 21 May 1996 17:15:52 GMT

I just recently heard of Professor John Roy Robert Searl.  He has
apparently built and flown an antigravity device called a "Levity Disc"
and has also invented a generator to supply electricity at very little
cost - BUT THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN "SQUELCHED".

See http://www.servtech.com/public/jasontee/biopage/html for further
info.  It seems he has been working on this device for years and
first announced it back in 1946!  I quote from the web page:

"This [the fact that he built and flew an antigravity vehicle] was
recorded by the BBC News and by newspapers.  The BBC ran a weekly piece
on Prof. Searl's work and progress for almost a year.  These TV
broadcasts showed the vehicle in flight and gave updates on the work
being done to build a large craft.  There were articles and pictures in
the Sunday Mirror on November 28th 1971, Derbyshire District and the
Hants and Berks Gazette in 1969.  There were pictures taken by John
Hockness, press photographer, which were accompanied by press write up by
Phil Sanders on July 4th 1969.  There were many pictures and write-ups
done on Prof. Searl during this time."

The page also states:

"The power source for this amazing disc can also be used to generate
electricity with no apparent input from outside.  BECAUSE OF THE OBVIOUS
ECONOMICAL REPERCUSSIONS TO THE BIG MONEY OIL INDUSTRIES, THIS MARVELOUS
INVENTION WAS SQUELCHED" (capitals are mine).

Prof. Searl's technology could also be adapted to drive cars, power the
home or industry.  The page says:  "Anything that can be run electrically
can be driven by an S.E.G. [Searl Effect Generator] with virtually no
pollution and no use of fuel as we know it."

I find it incredible that a method of technology of this magnitude has
been ignored and allowed to fall out of the public awareness.  I only
found out about it by chance when I attended a conference on another
topic and found Prof. Searl was a guest speaker.  Apparently NASA and
Lockheed have shown interest, but so far nothing further - which is
hardly surprising given the economic implications.  What Prof. Searl is
looking for is funding to develop the generator further, but given that
the availability of such a generator would have economic
repercussions on the electricity and oil businesses, he's obviously not
getting too far.

But this is too important for a few individuals to repress such
information when there would be such benefits:  reduction in pollution,
no need for nuclear energy, reduction in breathing ailments (because the
generator uses negative energy rather than positive energy, dust is kept
at floor level - I believe (although this can be checked out) that tests
have been done with asthmatics, whose health has dramatically improved),
and, with the antigravity vehicle, a newer and faster method of travel.

The whole world needs to know about this!  I urge everyone to check this
out and push for publicity.  If the vehicle and generator work as he
claims, then this technology is TOO IMPORTANT to be pushed under the
carpet!

Bruce Baugh <*> b--@a--.com <*> http://www.aracnet.com/~bruce
See my Web pages for
    New science fiction by Steve Stirling and George Alec Effing er
    Christlib, the mailing list for Christian and libertarian concerns
    Daedalus Games, makers of Shadowfist and Feng Shui