psychoceramics: The Revolution Revealed

I seem to be stuck on this guy's mailing list - at least he's inventive.
Here's what's evil about the 4th of July (besides all those people blowing
their hands off?)

Oh, and this is my first posting to this neat list. If I commit any sins,
please let me know. Thanks.

>T   H   E      S   O   J   O   U   R   N   A   L
>           2 Corinthians 10:3-6
>
>DISCUSSION       DISCERNMENT        DOCTRINAL ISSUES
>Supplement:
>July 1996
>
>THE REVOLUTION REVEALED
>By Albert Soto
>
>"But the day is past.  The second day of July, 1776, will be a memorable
>epocha in the history of America.  I am apt to believe that it will be
>celebrated by succeeding generations, as the great Anniversary Festival.
>It ought to be commemorated, as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of
>devotion to God Almighty.  It ought to be solemnized with pomp, shews,
>games, sports, guns, bells, bon-fires and illuminations, from one end of
>the continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
>[John Adams to Mrs. Abigail Adams, 1776]
>
>For the most part this declaration of independence by young America has
>held true for the last 200 years.  It was that fateful year that the pen
>was struck to paper which produced a revolution that the rest of the world
>would see as the beginning of the end of the monarchial system of
>government.
>
>Americans throughout history have looked to this day as a defining moment,
>a day that has become an embodiment of what a true American should be.  We
>continue this celebration, by honoring the dead heros of America's past
>with those of our present.
>
>>From school children on, we have been taught to revere the men of the
>>Revolution as great men, men who sacrifice life for the pursuit of life,
>>liberty and of happiness.   Dr. Elias Boudinot, former president of the
>>Continental Congress in 1783, taught many so.
>
>"It is not then a unreasonable expectation which, I well know, generally
>prevails, that this day should be usually devoted to the perpetuating and
>respectfully remembering the dignified characters of the those great men
>with whom it has been our honor to claim the intimate connection of
>Fellow-Citizens-men who have purchased our present joyful circumstances at
>the individual price of their blood."
>[Speech before the New Jersey Society of the Cincinnati on July 4, 1793.]
>
> It was men like Jefferson who taught the world that God had given man
>certain rights:
>
>"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal;
>that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights;
>that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
>
>He then states that if the government were to trample upon this natural
>rights that God had then given them the right, "to alter or to abolish it
>[government], and to institute a new government. . ."
>
>Are these really truths?  Has God given man these rights, are these TRUTHS
>to be found in scripture?  Were these men, (who claimed to be Godly men of
>the protestant faith) correct in their decision to rebel?  The answer is
>an emphatic, No.

> [...]

                                       Sonya

/...hell is boiling over and heaven is full. We're chained
      to the world and we all gotta pull../Tom Waits/