Re: psychoceramics: Crank links homepage

At 07:09 PM 1/18/97 -0800, Erik Max Francis wrote:
>I've recently put up a new page that you folks might enjoy:
>    http://www.alcyone.com/max/links/cranks/

        Thank you, Erik.
        And isn't it astonishing how many of those folks have books to sell!

        Want to fight back?  I'm the editor of a textbook anthology of
pro-con essays called Taking Sides: Clashing Views on Controversial Issues
in Science, Technology, & Society, now in its 2nd edition.  The introduction
emphasizes the skeptical mode of thought ("check it out") as the most
important distinction between the more "authoritarian" mode of religion and
politics--and crackpots.
        Among the questions discussed in the readings is "Is science a
hazard to society?"  This is the larger question of which creationism vs.
evolution is a relatively small portion.

        You can link to it at http://www.dushkin.com/takingsides/236007.htm .
        It's a paperback, not too expensive, I use it in my own teaching,
and if you're a teacher too, you can get a free examination copy by asking
the publisher..
                                    Tom Easton

    e--@t--.edu   teaston@acadia.net     teaston@sff.net

        Visit me at: http://terrier1.thomas.edu/easton/profid.htm

	 	   Find family history at:
                     http://www.sff.net/people/teaston/
            (including a link to my ftp site for gedcom files)