Re: psychoceramics: Megafauna and attenuated gravity

[Andrew Davie]

> This gentleman attempts to argue that the gravity on earth was much less
> than today, and cites the existence of dinosaurs as proof.
>
> Perhaps he isn't a full-blown kook, but i've taken vertebrate biology and
> evolution classes, and i've _never_ heard that dinosaurs were an
> impossibility under "normal" gravity.  If that were the case, believe me,
> we would devote a considerable amount of our time discussing this!
>
> The fact that he has written so MUCH on this, also supports that he may be
> a fanatic.
>
> http://www.access.digex.net/~medved/biganims.html

I believe medved is Ted Holden, a Velikovskian and perennial kook, who
has advocated quite a few bizarre ideas in the past.  He was mentioned
in a USENET kook who's-who some years ago.

The quoted text below, with its mention of Saturn, sounds suggestive
of Velikovskian Catastrophism.

 -- acb