psychoceramics: Megafauna and attenuated gravity

This gentleman attempts to argue that the gravity on earth was much less
than today, and cites the existence of dinosaurs as proof.

Perhaps he isn't a full-blown kook, but i've taken vertebrate biology and
evolution classes, and i've _never_ heard that dinosaurs were an
impossibility under "normal" gravity.  If that were the case, believe me,
we would devote a considerable amount of our time discussing this!

The fact that he has written so MUCH on this, also supports that he may be
a fanatic.

http://www.access.digex.net/~medved/biganims.html

----first two paragraphs---
It is a fairly easy demonstration that nothing any larger than the largest
elephants could live in our world today, and that the largest dinosaurs
survived ONLY because the nature of the world and of the solar system was
then such that they did not experience gravity as we do at all; they'd be
crushed by their own weight, collapse in a heap, and suffocate within
minutes were they to.

This has serious implications for cosmology, since the Saturn system
hypothesis being advanced by David Talbott and Ev Cochrane is the only
theoretical basis which even gets started towards explaining how such a
state of affairs as reduced perceived gravity on land might ever have
pertained. Astronomers in particular, of course, are less than thrilled.
----end text---