Re: psychoceramics: San Diego suicide cult?

At 1:39 AM 3/27/97, Robert Arnold wrote:
>Don't know if this will add either, but I've
>been hearing press rumors about some SanDiego suicide cultists being
>connected with a Web site at <www.higherpower.com>. The site exists, but
>it's been down or otherwise not responding. Anybody know anything about it?

It appears to be www.highersource.com, Higher Source Contract
Enterprises (see below), but good luck on getting through.

A cult full of web designers?  Surely this is a first.
Did they know Java?  Were they enhanced for Netscape?

>From Reuters:

>According to broadcast reports, the dead belonged to a religious
>group that designed computer web pages. But Fulmer refused to
>speculate on whether the victims belonged to a religious cult.
>
>Local TV stations quoted Milton Silverman, a lawyer for the owner
>of the house as saying it had been rented to a religious computer
>group called "WWW Higher Source". WWW stands for World Wide Web, a
>major computer Internet source.

Nancy McNelly
Rabbit in the Moon: Mayan Glyphs and Architecture
http://www.halfmoon.org/