Re: psychoceramics: Heaven's Gate Suicide Position

At 10:47 AM 3/28/97, N.A.F. McNelly wrote:
>You can get to Heaven's Gate at:
>http://pathfinder.com/@@OgoORQYA9p32s4TB/news/heavensgate/

Very nice graphics and design, incidentally.
The following is from the Heaven's Gate site (i guess the
time for "serious consideration" arrived:

                        OUR POSITION AGAINST SUICIDE

          [M20, the Trifid nebula in Sagittarius]  We know that it
                                                   is only while we
        are in these physical vehicles (bodies) that we can learn
        the lessons needed to complete our own individual
        transition, as well as to complete our task of offering the
        Kingdom of Heaven to this civilization one last time. We
        take good care of our vehicles so they can function well for
        us in this task, and we try to protect them from any harm.

        We fully desire, expect, and look forward to boarding a
        spacecraft from the Next Level very soon (in our physical
        bodies). There is no doubt in our mind that our being
        "picked up" is inevitable in the very near future. But what
        happens between now and then is the big question. We are
        keenly aware of several possibilities.

        It could happen that before that spacecraft comes, one or
        more of us could lose our physical vehicles (bodies) due to
        "recall," accident, or at the hands of some irate
        individual. We do not anticipate this, but it is possible.
        Another possibility is that, because of the position we take
        in our information, we could find so much disfavor with the
        powers that control this world that there could be attempts
        to incarcerate us or to subject us to some sort of
        psychological or physical torture (such as occurred at both
        Ruby Ridge and Waco).

        It has always been our way to examine all possibilities, and
        be mentally prepared for whatever may come our way. For
        example, consider what happened at Masada around 73 A.D. A
        devout Jewish sect, after holding out against a siege by the
        Romans, to the best of their ability, and seeing that the
        murder, rape, and torture of their community was inevitable,
        determined that it was permissible for them to evacuate
        their bodies by a more dignified, and less agonizing method.
        We have thoroughly discussed this topic (of willful exit of
        the body under such conditions), and have mentally prepared
        ourselves for this possibility (as can be seen in a few of
        our statements). However, this act certainly does not need
        serious consideration at this time, and hopefully will not
        in the future.

        The true meaning of "suicide" is to turn against the Next
        Level when it is being offered. In these last days, we are
        focused on two primary tasks: one - of making a last attempt
        at telling the truth about how the Next Level may be entered
        (our last effort at offering to individuals of this
        civilization the way to avoid "suicide"); and two - taking
        advantage of the rare opportunity we have each day - to work
        individually on our personal overcoming and change, in
        preparation for entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

Nancy McNelly
http://www.halfmoon.org
Rabbit in the Moon: Mayan Glyphs and Architecture