psychoceramics: pscyhoceramics: Anyone know about vampire cults?

I've been lurking for a few months as a journalist interested in the kooky.
Now I find myself researching a story on the kooky: Six teens in Eastern
Kentucky, who may or may not be in a "vampire cult," accused of murdering a
family in Tennessee last Sunday.

I'm based in Hazard, Ky., and work for the Lexington Herald-Leader (main
newsroom number: 1-800-950-6397.) I'm looking for sources of info on the
apparent blood-drinking fad among some teen-agers. Also, there's a
role-playing game about vampires on the market, something like Dungeons and
Dragons, I gather.

Anyone read anything informative on this stuff lately? Anyone studied this
phenomenon personally?

If so, please pass along. And, if you've got some special knowledge and
wouldn't mind being interviewed, I'd love to get a personal e-mail with
your name, phone number and affiliation, so I can give you a call.
(Preferably either Thursday, April 10, or Friday, April 11 -- I have to
turn in a story for this weekend's paper.)

Thanks.