psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #288

>>From: xxxxx
>>Date: Tue Jun 24 21:49:18 PDT 1997
>>Subject: LOSE MONEY FAST!!
>>

>>I am writing this to WARN THE PUBLIC of a very DIABOLICAL SCHEME that
>>is RIGHT NOW playing out in the market and ingeniously designed to
>separate
>>GULLIBLE INVESTORS from their lawful returns. I cannot now reveal
>>exactly the name of the company involved, but I will identify it by
>the
>>initials "FRN".

Like many conspiracy theories (okay, not really), this one has a grain of
truth to it.  The "FRN" is "Federal Reserve Note" (the Federal Reserve
Bank was organized in 1913, as per this rant).  Once you realize that the
"shares" are dollars, the whole thing starts to make a cock-eyed kind of
sense.

Of course, the anonymous writer still subscribes to the theory that
writing in CAPTIAL LETTERS makes people want to believe you more...