psychoceramics: Peter Bros

Clipped from:

> The WeirdScience Digest        Friday, 25 July 1997        Volume 01 :
>Number 168

> From: "" <d--@h--.com>
> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 01:34:08 PDT
> Subject: Re: Greetings
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >  I've just subscribed to weirdscience, and, as a high-school >student,
> am intensely interested in building odd devices as well as >exploring
> the stranger aspects of science and technology.
> >  I love science and technology of all kinds.  I'm most interested in
> >physics, even though I haven't taken a physics class yet (due to my
> >insufficient knowledge of calculus (soon to be remedied)).  But then
> >again, who ever said that you need a class to learn about things, eh
> >;)
> >
> >  -David
> >
> David,
>    Greetings from Colorado! I too am "intensely interested in building
> odd devices as well as exploring the stranger aspects of science and
> technology." I also find physics fascinating if not incomprehensible.
> Especially light & gravity.
>    For about the past 3 months I've been reading some absolutely amazing
> physics books by a man named Peter Bros. He has a website
> featuring his books and an introduction to his way of thinking.
> See http://www.copernican-series.com
>    Anyway, I believe I now have a much more coherent and comprehensible
> idea of what the heck is going on with gravity,
> light, magnetism, etc.
>    Let me give you a few tidbits to get you curious enough to actually
> take the time to peruse his site.
>    1)Gravity is actually caused by any emission field. Hence, an unlit
> match induces NO gravity, but light it and it produces a microscopic
> G field. The Sun, being an prodigious emitter, generates a very healthy
> G field. "What about Earth, it's not an emitter!" I hear you saying.
> Actually, there's plenty of evidence that the Earth is an emitter, but
> it's been mislabeled "cosmic radiation". Peel off the 100 mile thick
> cool crust of our planet and it would look like a miniature star.
>    2)He explains how the heck light is able to diminish UNIFORMLY
> over the surface of an expanding sphere.
>    3)He talks about one of the biggest misconceptions in science,
> which was (mis)interpreting Young's 2-slit experiment to mean that light
> is a wave.
>    4)He also does a pretty good job of demolishing the whole concept
> of polarity when dealing with electricity. The effects of polarity
> are actually caused by excesses & deficits of the same elementary
> particle.
>    I hope I've whetted your appetite enough to buy a few of his books.
> I would recommend for starters "Atoms, Stars, & Minds" & "LIGHT".
>    I truly believe that as the word spreads about this guy's work, we
> will see an explosion in technology and energy production.
>    Why do you want to build a huge balloon launcher? Got some obnoxious
> [...]

The Peter Bros site has several interesting parts.

Regards,
Bill Tozier

William Tozier                               also: Santa Fe Institute
Biology Department                                 t--@s--.edu
University of Pennsylvania                 [Web Pages Being Serviced]

"We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward."
  -- Vice President Dan Quayle