psychoceramics: Was Diana assassinated?

[Steve Lamont]

> The polls to which the poster refers I understand have been pretty
> much repudiated by those who study such things.  The questions were
> either slanted or the statistical methods were somewhat suspect.  A
> more reliable poll taken just slightly earlier showed a 70 percent
> favorable response when asked if the monarchy should continue.  [Of
> course, my source of information here is the BBC World Service and the
> conspiratorially minded will discount that source as a propaganda arm
> of the Royals.  As Bob Dole once so aptly put it: "whatever."]

Until a while ago, it was against BBC policy to even acknowledge the
existence of a republican movement in Britain.  In Britain, republicans
have held a position similar to communists in the US (save, perhaps, for
witch-hunts).

> > The death under such apparently tragic circumstances has fired off such
> > a public/media frenzy it must be a fix. ...
>
> Why?  This is the sort of thing the media eat up and gleefully disgorge.
> It's all highly visual and emotional with almost no intellectual
> content whatsoever.  Made for teevee.  If anyone stands to benefit
> from this whole sordid mess, it's probably Rupert Murdoch's media
> empire.  I'm sure we'll see piles of books and even more zillions of
> feet of teevee footage in the weeks, months, and, sadly, years to
> come.  Di will become the United Kingdom's Elvis.

Which reminds me of a theory I heard of the JFK assassination:
that Oliver Stone did it.  If one looks at who had the most to
gain, it becomes obvious.

 -- acb [Or, as De Selby put it, "Shakespeare as much as Brutus plotted
	 Julius Caesar's death."]

--
"Ladies and gentlemen! I am presently unsure as to how to separate those of you
 who have fed my growing distaste for mankind from those who, thus far, have