psychoceramics: Compression of random data

While looking at the gzip home page, I found a web page analysing
a patent on "compression of random data".  Those here familiar with
computer science or information theory will know that compression of
random data is the computer-science equivalent of free energy or
perpetual motion; in short, it is mathematically impossible to
compress random data.

Furthermore, this patent describes a compression method which it
says can be recursively applied to data, reducing any file of data
by one bit at a time.

http://w3.teaser.fr/~jlgailly/05533051.html

--
"Ladies and gentlemen! I am presently unsure as to how to separate those of you
 who have fed my growing distaste for mankind from those who, thus far, have