psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #360

i read this on the IUFO list (posted by 'shade'):

  >I would like to say to some that have responded to my post by
  >demanding that I be banned from this listserv,that such statements
  >to restrict my input of information seems entirely hypocritical to the
  >"free exchange" format of your list.

i then decided i would write back, under the guise of 'true believer:

  >the reason i joined this list was to hear reasonable perspectives on
  >both sides of the UFO issue. although i believe in the existence of
  >ufos, that contact has occured, and that a conspiratorial underbelly
  >exists within our government(s) about this important phenomena--a
  >group of folks who *do not* believe others have a right to free
  >exchange of information, by the way.
  >
  >everything said here should be able to pass muster within the ranks
  >of this community before it makes the rounds in the mostly sarcastic,
  >skeptical and apollonian scientific community. ever see the
  >'alt.kooks' newsgroup?
  >
  >if shade or i am disagreeing with the charter defining the parameters
  >of discussion for this list, let me know and i will unsubscribe.
  >________________________________
  >thank you
  >kip

to which i received this reply:

  >From: Kevin T--@S--LC_NOTES on 10/02/97 12:47 PM
  >
  >Hi Kip,
  >You need to be careful around the I_UFO site, the moderators are not
very
  >tolerant of others who 'challenge' the credentials of so called experts
and
  >the like. I have been warned already and have managed to get one of the
  >main protagonists in all of this to unsubscribe from I_UFO because of
their
  >pompous attitude towards those that would criticise their work.
  >
  >Watch your back...but, there are those that will back you all the way.
  >
  >Regards,
  >KT

uh oh. now i did it. i unsubscribed. mingling with abductees and atlanteans
is for
those with more finesse, evidently.

kip