Re: psychoceramics: Atlantean accountants

>why is it that past-life believers always end up having been some sort
>of
>god, goddess, celebrity, royalty, etc. in a past life? why not "I was
>vagrant on Crete" or "I was an accountant on Atlantis" or "I died
>choking
>on a ham sandwich in the 60s" or something like that? if all past
>lifers
>were among the shinest, happiest people in antiquity, then the fact
>that
>they have all been reincarnated as dullards in the 20th century is
>significant proof that there is a hell.

I read in a supposedly objective "exploring the unknown" magazine an
article in which the author desperately tried to defend reincarnation
from both your point above and the fact that there are so many more
people living now than at any other time in history.  His solution was
that one soul can be reincarnated into more thna one body -- so both you
and a complete stranger may once have been Cleopatra!

This actually does simplify things.  Why are there so many amoral
sociopaths today? Soul deficiency.

Nathan