Re: psychoceramics: Archimedes Plutonium horning in on Abian

It's just occurred to me (duh) -- if you did want to impact the moon
(`softly' or otherwise) on the Earth, why would you throw asteroids at
it?  Why not simply install rocket motors on the moon?  Half a dozen
nice solar-powered mass drivers, leave it a few million years, wake up
one morning to find a dumbell-shaped Earth2, with a healthy
suction-powered atomosphere and fdbhdfdf a828 y42y808y25^£$&(^
NO CARRIER

--
 Robin Stephenson
 Keep Away From Children

PS <http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~danforth/arc/sci-asteroid.deflection>
   reminds me of something I forgot to take into account in my `boe'
   calculation -- the potential energy involved in bringing the
   centres of mass of the moon and the Earth closer together.  I just
   *bet* it's big enough to make a difference.  Sorry about that.