Re: psychoceramics: Re: mind control

[BnJB--@a--.com]
> I just got this in my mailbox...

> -------------------------------------
> Win over any woman you want in less than an hour. GUARANTEED!
> Start dating women that until now were 'out of your league'
> GUARANTEED!
>
> I know it sounds too good to be true, but it is now  possible for you to
> achieve in minutes, what typically takes most men days, months, and
> sometimes even years to accomplish...SEDUCING A WOMAN!
>
> Skeptical?
>
> Read this. Then visit our web site to learn the FACTS!
>
> Scientists worldwide agree that, in certain applications, subliminal mind
> control can accomplish amazing things. You might have heard how in the
> 1950s subliminal advertising was used in movie theaters to induce an
> unnatural craving for popcorn and an unquenchable desire for Coke. There
> are many types of subliminal thought control.  Certain subliminal
> influence techniques work AMAZINGLY well, while others hardly work at
> all!

Apparently the movie theatre example was debunked.  (It did happen, but
it wasn't the marked success that urban legend says it was.)

> You cannot turn women into mindless sex slaves with this or any other
> technology. You can, however, induce at will, natural urges that would
> otherwise lie dormant. It is simply a fact that any natural human desire
> such as sleep, hunger or sexual impulses can be GREATLY INTENSIFIED by
> using subliminal commands.
>
> When you play these recordings in the presence of any female who has a
> normal sexual appetite, look out!  She won't know what has come over her!
> It is completely undetectable! Even women you barely know, when subjected
> to this invisible aphrodisiac will find you more interesting and better
> looking. They will find themselves mysteriously drawn and sexually
> attracted to you. GUARANTEED!!

This sounds like so much quackery.  Then again, given that this is
a spam, that's about as much as one would expect.

> Each of our musical recordings comes with a second 'demo' tape (free of
> charge) that has the subliminal messages brought forward for you to hear
> loud and clear. Don't let your girlfriend hear this one!
>
> WARNING: We have given you the opportunity to be more
> successful with any woman you choose. If you do not at least check out
> the facts for yourself, you will only be cheating yourself out of
> happiness and romance.

Apparently there's an outfit in the US which offers training in
hypnotic seduction or something similar.

> ...Kind of ironic, especially since I'm female....

That's no barrier.  I'm in my 20s and I get spams on anti-aging
vitamins and such;  I also live in Australia, which doesn't prevent
the spammers from sending me "special offers" valid only in the US,
or advertising US phone-sex numbers to me.  (Granted, for all I know
the numbers may be in Moldova or someplace.)  I also get ads addressed
to "adult webmasters".  I once got one starting with "if you're under
18, do not read this message".

--
"I have spoken to one cat, and to many.  And wherever I have gone,   www.zikzak
 my message is the same...  Dream it!  Dream the world. Not this     .net/~acb/