Re: psychoceramics: the mir-acle of medjugorje

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Mike Rickaby wrote:

:> Have a close look at the picture heading
:> the page. Look into the clouds... could that be... the word "Mir"?
:> Could it be that the BVM is telling us to support the space program?
:
:Actually, Mir is Russian for peace. I'm not sure what
:language is spoken in Bosnia (Bosnian?), but it is probably
:Slavic, closely related to Russian.  Some of the Slavic
:languages use Roman alphabet, some (like Russian) use
:Cyrillic. Which was probably created about the same time
:Mir went up ;)

Back in my pre-digital days (and therefore I can't back this
up with an archive), I saw a rant on TV from an American
senator who insisted that "Mir" meant both "Peace" and
"World" in Russian; therefore, when Russians said, "We want
mir," they were actually saying "We want the world". His
point being that the Red Menace was everywhere, even right
under our noses.

--
r--@r--.net