psychoceramics: Earl in more trouble?

Curley may not be a psychic but he never gives up
trying hard to convince the "jo-boys" on
sci.skeptic that's he's more than an unemployed
drunk who can't hold down a job...

Earl Curley is a Canadian "Psychic". He's
famous for a) his crappy web design
b) his highly inaccurate predictions
c) his many boasts about the vast
sums of money he earns (including
turning down a job for $250K because
it didn't pay well enough) d) the
threats he makes against ISPs when
netizens repost portions of his web
site material for comment on
sci.skeptic.

Earl has never sued anyone but
Earl is being sued by The Amazing Randi for
libel. Curley claimed Randi liked young boys.
Randi warned him to retract. Earl
spread his libel farther. As "proof" Earl posted
a transcript of an alleged sex chat phone call
Randi made to a male. Earl claimed this male
was a young boy. The transcript has the
male describing himself as 6' tall &
rock solid muscle. It doesn't sound
like a description of a young boy.
Randi may be gay, but so what, the
denizens of sci.skeptic asked.
Denizens accused Earl of being a
homophobe. Earl, who uses "gay"
and "fag" as a pejorative, countered
with the classic "some of my best
friends are gay". Assuming the truth
of Earl's statement, one wonders what
Earl's point is then in demonstrating
Randi is gay. Nothing wrong with
that.

Anyway, Randi sued Earl. Naturally.
The law suit didn't shut up Earl, however. He
continued talking big, about counter suits, having
secret evidence, etc, and he was ready to
face Randi in court with his crack team
of high priced lawyers. Randi got an
injunction against Earl, requiring
him to stop even mentioning Randi on
the net. Earl seems to have complied with that.
His team of high priced lawyers seem to have
failed him.

Fast word...

Earl convinced a local ISP to hire him on as general
manager. His tenure has short and he was let
go. Reports from co-workers seemed to indicated
that he was drunk much of the time, couldn't
make his car payments, hit on female staff,
had no home and slept at the office, and as
the ultimate crime, wore only the cheapest
of colognes. Earl seemed to be most upset
by the accusation that his advances on the
office females were unwanted. He claimed
something to the effect that when he "hits
the dance floor, all the women are his, baby!"

Well, after Earl was bounced on his ass,
netizens -- tired of his homophobia and his
threats -- moved in for the kill. The sport
of Earl bashing was raised to Olympic
proportions. Although Earl's net account disappeared,
he re-emerged via a public dial in at the
library and a hotmail account. Not to let
his favourite "jo-boys" have one over on him,
he claimed he was raising millions of dollars
and renting manufacturing space for some
new operation. Despite raising millions,
he was still posting from a welfare
account at a library... odd that.

This venture seemed to involve a subliminal
teaching machine, "invented" by a
75 year old Dr.Louis Romberg who denied all
knowledge of association with Earl other
than Earl designed his crappy web page.
If millions were raised, he didn't
know about it.

One Steve Sebastian decided to take Earl's
word for it and believe Earl really WAS raising millions
for a non-existent corporation. That's of course
fraud and it's the duty of all good citizens to
report suspected crimes to the police, no?
Below is an interesting capsule summery by Mr.
Sebastian of the leg work he's been doing
to root out all cases of fraud in Canada!
Mr. Sebastian, I salute you!