Re: psychoceramics: 3 Christs of Ypsilanti Revisted

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, N.A.F. McNelly wrote:

> Some time ago, I asked a lady who thought she might be the
> reincarnation of the Mayan ruler Pacal how she accounted for the
> fact that Jaque Arguelles (who came up with the Harmonic Convergence)
> was channeling the very same Pacal, and that his Pacal bore no
> resemblence to her version.
>
> She said that she thought the souls of people of extraordinary
> power might well be reincarnated as/communicate with many folks
> simultaneously, and in many different forms.
>
> So we finally have a fairly good explanation of
> why no one ever seems to have spent their previous lives in
> obscurity, weeding turnip patches or eating grubs.

The mormons have a rite called the baptism of the dead. Basically, they
want to account for everyone that lived and baptise them as mormons so
they can attain their hightest reward. Such has led to the largest
genological data base. Anyway, aside from upsetting jews by
baptizing holocaust victims (the mormons, much to their credit
have stopped out of respect), mormons have a tendency to
baptize again and again high profile dead people. People
like Maryln Monroe, JFK, Chruchill etc have been baptized several times
over.

> PS:

Where did the subject line come from? Back in my university days I
reviewed an art show in Windsor. A Detroit artist was presenting a work by
the same title (3 Christs of ...). An interesting piece to say the least.